Dennis Burrows Named One of the Top Ten Personal Injury Attorneys in North Texas
Dennis Burrows of the McCleskey Law Firm has been named one of the Top Ten Personal Injury Attorneys in North Texas by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (NAOPIA).
Burrows has the honor of being the only attorney on the North Texas list in either the South Plains or Panhandle regions.
Burrows said he finds personal injury work satisfying because “You’re dealing with real people and things that affected their lives – not just financially, but emotionally.”
As an example, he brought up an old case about a young man who came upon a young woman whose car was on the side of a road. He was using jumper cables to try and start her battery when a truck veered off the road, struck the woman’s car and severed the young man’s leg.
Burrows settled the case, providing the young man with an annuity for life.
“Twenty years later he called and thanked me for settling the case which allowed him to live with a guarantee of income,” said Burrows.
Jerry Kolander, McCleskey’s managing partner, said, “This is a tremendous honor for Dennis and our firm. It’s another example of how McCleskey is a full-service firm with excellent attorneys in many different areas – including personal injury.”
Burrows is Board Certified:
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy.
He graduated from Texas Tech University in 1970 and from Tech’s School of Law in 1973.
With thousands of attorneys in each state, the NAOPIA’s rigorous, independent selection process resolves the challenge of attorneys claiming to be “the best” without basis for such claims, according to the organization’s website.
Here’s how the process works:
- The attorneys who make the NAOPIA list must first be nominated by a licensed practicing attorney or by one of our in-house research staff members.
- Second, the NAOPIA research staff verifies that the nominated individuals meet the minimum requirements of membership in the organization.
- Then the group’s processing committee selects a portion of the nominated attorneys to advance to the final selection stage.
- Finally, the group’s Board of Governors selects the Top 10 in each state.
The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys was established in 2013.
The organization’s goal is to provide advanced educational opportunities that enable personal injury attorneys to afford their clients the best representation possible and to provide the public accurate, up-to-date listings of the top-ranked attorneys in their states.